Thursday, January 13, 2011

24 Weeks

Today, I'm officially at 24 weeks. That's 6 months. I'm more than half way there!

Aside from not sleeping as well as I used to, vicious heartburn and charlie horses, this mama has no complaints. People are constantly asking me, "How are you feeling?" My reply is always, "Great!" Because honestly...I do feel great. Aside from Waylon moving around in there, I don't even feel pregnant. I'm SO lucky!

Speaking of Waylon moving...Greg finally got to feel Waylon kick last week! He was so happy and had the biggest smile on his face. He'd been trying for a couple of weeks to feel Waylon kick, but whenever he put his hand on my belly, Waylon would just stop. My Mom was actually the first person to feel Waylon kick, and needless to say, she was super excited!

I try to play Waylon as music as possible. Music is a HUGE part of our lives (obviously...we're naming our kid after a musical legend), and we want our son to be exposed to and love as much music as possible. I play him Waylon Jennings (of course), Elvis, Johnny Cash, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Blackberry Smoke and even a little Motley Crue. I also throw in a little classical because it's beautiful and because I play the violin (or used to).

I wish I could explain to you how incredible it is to feel Waylon moving around inside my belly or to sit and watch my belly move when I play him "Home Sweet Home." It brings tears to my eyes because it's seriously one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced in my life. It's magical and breathtaking.

Check out the belly at 23 weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Rocking mama to be!
    It's soooo good to influence your lil rocker to music. Our lil one (15 months) is really musical. You can tell that he has been played music to. Constantly. He has been moving to music since he was few months old (kicking his leg to the rhythm in hs baby bouncer. Pateras's Walk being his favourite...) not to mention lil head banging in later months and now just dancing to it. Our lil one started to sing his little tunes around year old. Of course every mum says this about their own kid, but I reckon my kid is going to be talented musician :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love it that you played Pantera for your son!!!! No doubt you're kid will be a talented muscian...and so will mine. ;) Maybe they can start a band together!

    ReplyDelete